Find the business licenses you need in minutes

Get all of the licenses and permits required to legally run your business. We make it easy. Starts at $79.99.

Why get help with your business licenses

Make sure you're protected

You could face penalties and a business closure if you don’t have the right licenses and permits.

Remove the guesswork

Through our partner, we’ll help you find all local, county, state, and federal licenses.

Apply the way you want

After a detailed license search, choose to apply on your own or with professional help.

How to get your business licenses

  1. Answer a few questions with our partner, Business Licenses
  2. Based on your answers, they’ll find the licenses you need
  3. Apply on your own or with help from a pro

Frequently asked questions

Do I need licenses for my business?

More than likely, you need licenses to legally run your business and meet all local, county, state, and federal requirements. The exact number of licenses you need depends on your industry and location.

When do I need a business license?

You should get all required licenses before you start operating your business or open your doors to the public. Otherwise, you could face fines and other penalties. Once you have your licenses, it’s important to display them properly, make copies for your records, and keep track of renewal dates.

Who issues business licenses?

They’re issued by all levels of government—city, county, state, and federal—so you might need to apply with various agencies and departments. Our partner, Business Licenses, makes that part easy by finding all of the licenses you need at every governmental level.

Why are business licenses required?

There are three main reasons. Licenses help protect the public’s health and safety, track a business’s finances for tax purposes, and identify businesses so they can be held accountable for their actions.

What are some common licenses, permits, and tax registrations?

Here are some that businesses often need: home occupation permit, zoning permit, building permit, Health Department permit, sales tax license, seller’s permit, Fire and Police Department permit, and withholding tax registration.


Ask an attorney

Get the right guidance with an attorney by your side.

Call an agent at (***) ***-****

Mon-Fri: 5 a.m.-7 p.m. CT
Weekends: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. CT

Our agents are based in the U.S.

Ready to get your business licenses?